суббота, 15 октября 2016 г.

Turkey Sausage Patties From Scratc

Turkey Sausage Patties From Scratc


I am excited to be here on Skinnytaste again. A lot has happened since my last guest post. This past summer I was offered the opportunity of a lifetime (or at least my lifetime) to work as a test kitchen contributor at Bon Appétit Magazine. I interned there after completing culinary school last year but it was quite a different and incredible experience to actually contribute to the magazine and website.


After working at Bon Appétit for 8 months I am happy to be back home with the kids and focus on developing recipes on a freelance professional basis as well as for my website. In addition to gaining a ton of experience while working in the test kitchen, I gained a few pounds. Occupational hazard, I suppose. I decided to re-join weight watchers and work on creating and maintaining healthy eating habits once again.


I used weight watchers after the last 2 of my 3 sons were born and it is my favorite weight loss program. The balanced approach is not only physically healthy but I’ve found it to be the best for my long-term success. Once I started calculating points for all of my recipes, I immediately thought of Gina and of course all of you here at Skinnytaste. I am looking forward to visiting here from time to time and sharing my healthy recipes with you. I hope you will stop by my page to say hi to me there as well.


Today’s recipe is for Turkey Sausage Patties. They are extremely flavorful and savory. You could serve them for breakfast with eggs or even for lunch and dinner. I soften the onion and garlic and then toast some fennel with the mix to add a depth of flavor you wouldn’t get by just adding everything raw It’s a short extra step that is definitely worth taking.


Turkey Sausage Patties


Servings: 6 • Size: 1 patty • Points +: 3 pts • Smart Points: 3


Calories: 134 • Fat: 6 g • Carb: 3 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 15 g • Sugar: 0 g


Sodium: 55 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 54 mg


cooking spray


1 tsp olive oil


1 small onion, diced small


1 large garlic clove, chopped


kosher salt and black pepper to taste


1 tsp fennel seed


1 lb 93% lean ground turkey


1 tbsp red wine vinegar


1 tbsp chopped chives


3/4 tsp paprika


pinch raw sugar


pinch nutmeg


Directions:


Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium low heat and add the oil, onions and garlic and stir frequently, about 4-5 minutes, until onion is translucent. Lower heat, if needed, to avoid browning too quickly. Once onion is softened, add fennel and toss quickly until fragrant and toasted, about 1 minute. Remove mixture to a medium bowl to cool slightly.


Add ground turkey, red wine vinegar, chives, paprika, sugar and nutmeg to bowl with onions, garlic and fennel and mix together with a fork until all ingredients are well-distributed. Form mixture into 6 even patties and lay on parchment or wax paper while working. If you want to make these for another day, they can be refrigerated or frozen.


Spray a non-stick skillet and set over medium-low heat. Once hot, brown turkey patties, in two batches, 3 minutes on each side. Once you have achieved a nice browned crust on each side, reduce heat to low and cover. Continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 165. Remove from heat and repeat with second batch.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий